I’m into the royal wedding. Not crazy into it, like superfans who bought tickets to London and have been camped out on the streets all week, but into it enough that I considered getting up at 5 a.m. to watch it live. I said considered.
I’ve long been a fan of Kate Middleton’s. I’m not sure why, exactly, as I don’t know that much about her. No one does, really, as she hardly grants interviews and hasn’t revealed much to the public. But she has always struck me as down-to-earth and normal. The kind of woman I could be friends with. You know, ’cause I’m always on the lookout for new friends. Perhaps you’ve heard…
Recently I did some research into the now-Princess Catherine. And so, in honor of today’s Royal Shinding, I present to you the five reasons why I’d totally be BFFs with Kate.
1) She’s a tomboy-turned-fashionista. Just like me! Minus the fashionista part. I’m a tomboy-turned-wannabe-fashionista. A young Kate played on the hockey, tennis, netball (apparently a British version of basketball played predominanty by females), rounders (British baseball?) and swimming teams.
2) Word is she can drink William under the table. I respect that.
3) According to ABC News, she once told a friend who said she was lucky to be with Prince William that, “He’s lucky to be with me.” Healthy self-confidence. Classy.
4) She worked as an accessories buyer. This would round out my Friends with Benefits quite well.
5) She met her new husband in college, they broke up briefly afterwards, and now they are married. I met my husband in college, we broke up briefly afterwards, and now we are married. Coincidence… or fate?
What’s most fascinating about Kate is the fact that she’s hardly ever spoken to the press, people know unbelievably little about her, and yet so many women, like me, get the sense that she’d be a great pal, an easy-going let’s-hang-out-and-drink-wine kind of BFF.
How is it that she silently gives off that impression? Her looks? Her clothes? Her apparent self-confidence? Whatever it is, I’ll have what she’s having.
What’s your take on the new princess? BFF material? Or royal snob?